Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Random Things of Interest (Maybe)

I like this Lady and the Tramp topiary at Epcot, because Lady's ear hair reminds me of Chewbear. I would make an entire topiary out of that grass in honor of Chewbear, but I don't have very good gardening skills.

lady and the tramp topiaries

"Regular Brian" came to visit us last week from Tulsa. He is planning to move to North Carolina at the end of summer and might move to Asheville! He likes me. We're pals.

brian, tammy and ian on a hike in asheville

One night when the People returned to their room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, they found this monkey waiting for them. Woman was afraid it was some sort of voodoo warning to get out while they could, but Ian assured her it was a kind gesture on behalf of the cleaning crew. It still freaked Woman out though.

monkey towel at animal kingdom lodge

Ian should work "the fez" into his every day apparel. He wears it well.

ian wearing a fez in morocco

When the People saw this tower of Toblerone at Epcot, they thought of Page.

IMG_6457

I cannot tell you how happy I am that Woman did not come home with one of these outfits for me. I know I'm from China, but this is pushing it a bit too far.

IMG_6447

Ian should not try to work this hat into his every day attire.

IMG_6437

11 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha I think you would look super cute in one of those chinese jackets Norman! :) And the Fex totally suits Ian lol

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Page said…

    mmmmm, i love me some toblerone. especially a jumbo sized one! little triangles of joy.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Was the monkey made from guest towels? The cleaning lady left us a puppy made from a washcloth.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    The fez rocks!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    I does not likes the monkey either. Freaky monkey!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Oh Norman, you could have totally rocked that outfit!

    I agree, that "monkey" towel is a bit freaky.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Puglette said…

    that towel monkey is a bit scary! and your hubby looks really cute in the fez, definately a keeper!
    hugs,
    puglette
    :o)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh my goodness...Ian is such a trooper to try on those hats. I think all three of you need a fez!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    No, I think you're wrong there. I loves me a man in braids and horns.

    Also he looks a little looped in that photo. Which may explain the hat.

    The fez works for him though.

    Rethink that red Chinese attire. Women love it Normie, I'm just sayin.

    What is that? A guest towel sculpture? Right on!!!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, that towel 'thing' scared the crap outta me...i think i would have had to change rooms.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    also, if ian were to wear the nordic headgear in the garden it would likely keep squirrels away just as good as the statue that wouldn't fit in the car. just sayin'...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home