Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, May 11, 2009

She's Got a Can of Spray Paint!

While at Nate's family's beach house, we noticed a decor trend - the silver-plating of sea-related relics. Observe a few specimens.

The mantle is loaded with silver seashells - these were once actual dwellings for sea creatures that have been silver-plated for the enjoyment of beach house guests.

silver painted starfish and shells

Even this piece of driftwood is now encrusted with silvery goodness.

bizarre silver painted driftwood

This poor starfish seems to have escaped his spray-paint happy Captor in time to warn his fellow starfish about the "crazy lady with a can of silver spray paint," but sadly he was recaptured and the job finished. Poor little fellow. I'm tempted to glue some googly eyes to his little face.

silver painted starfish and shells

Watch out Buddy. I hear you're next!

buddy's on deck!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    VERY pretty!

    Yesterday I actually spraypainted an old gold baroque mirror...well, I painted the frame...Glossy LIME green! Then I put the mirror back in. It's total hotness. I'll take a photo of it for manicdote soon!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    That silver and blue and white is so pretty and cool. I'm trying to imagine Buddy all silver and frozen in place by the fireplace.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha Norman.. you better becareful.. if you go again you might come back all silver! :)

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Poor Star Fish. LOL.

    Roxy & Lucky

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    What a great idea! I'll have to try that. With what I don't know. Yet. I'll think of something.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Page said…

    I don't know what I think about that. I think I'm more into the natural look....but it's a creative idea and does give it a modern touch. Sometimes I wish I could freeze the pugs in silver (as long as that means motionless as well....)

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    What a neat idea!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    hmmm, that's a lot of silver! i think i'll take my seashells plain.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    That's a great idea and they are really very pretty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home