Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, May 04, 2009

Beach Photos

I'm finally going to make my post about the beach! Well, sort of - it might be a little abbreviated, because Woman is really busy with work.

We left on Thursday night (April 23rd) for the North Carolina coast, Topsail Beach to be more precise. There were 7 of us in Nate's truck. Nate and Ian in the front, Sarah, Margarita, Woman and me in the back and Buddy in the waaay back (the bed). Ian was trying to make me ride in the bed, but Woman wasn't having it. The ride was 6 1/2 hours. Too long with that many people, but we made the best of it. I sneezed on Margarita 14 times. She was not impressed.

We got to the beach house late - like 2:00am late. The People and I immediately went to bed.

Nate's familys' beach house is really nice - like Donald Trump nice. Here is a photo of it all trailer-parked up with beach towels hanging from it.

nate's familys' beach house

It's 4 stories - 7 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms. We calculated that it can sleep 21 people and countless dogs. No cats though - they're forbidden from the beach.

Let's take a quick tour. Here's the living area.

nate's family beach house

This is where the People cook food that does not get shared with me.

nate's family beach house

Here is where they eat the food whilst ignoring me.

nate's family beach house

And here's where I slept.

norman in luxury

I told you it was really nice.

We even had our own maid.

maid jane

OK, not really. That's Jane. She came up on Friday afternoon, because she couldn't leave Thursday night.

The house also has a hot tub. I did not get into the hot tub though.

We spent a lot of time on the beach, and Woman was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. When we went to the lake last Summer, I was not a fan, so Woman figured I was going to be a pain all weekend, but I loved playing in the water, chasing seagulls and sunbathing. She said I was a very good boy and obeyed most of the time. I deny this, so don't get any ideas that I'm going soft or something.

Here I am running around the beach. Do you see that shallow little lagoon that has been formed by the tide? I liked to play in that water. It only came up to my chest, and it was nice and warm. I got really dirty and had to be hosed down. Not fun.

norman at the beach

Here I am napping with Woman.

norman getting woken up from his nap at the beach

I also enjoyed just watching the water. It's mesmerizing. It was telling me to do bad things, but I resisted its force.

norman at the beach

Woman said I was getting too much sun on my head, so I had to wear this hat. LOL!

rasta pug

Actually, the hat was Ian's.

thug life

It was kind of chilly the second day on the beach, so Woman and I snuggled for a while.

norman and tammy at the beach

The beach makes my eyes water. I guess it's from the sand.

norman at the beach

The People had crabs one night. This crab was having his last meal before becoming a meal himself!

crab's last meal

There were also lots of adult beverages like this one.

margarita!

We all had lots of fun and hope to get to go back again this summer. Thanks Nate's family for sharing your beach house with us!

tammy and norman at the beach

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Wow, what a GORGEOUS house and it looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful time!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow that is an amazing house, even trailor parked up!
    It looks like you had so much fun Norman!!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Wow, that house is beautiful. It certainly looks like you had fun, Norman. I think the beach would be fun, lots of space to run around.

    Roxy

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Wow that house looks fantastic! What fun you must have had Norman. What a super cute photo of you with Woman there too.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Page said…

    I knew you'd love the beach, Norman!! Did you dig in the sand at all??

    oh, and I'd like to mention that our beach is way prettier (but our house isn't that nice!) hint, hint. LOL!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    What a beautiful house! How nice to get away and relax for a little while.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    OMD! Mommy would love to live there! Looks like you had a great time!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    First, the house is amazing. If my family owned it, we would be there every chance we got! It sounds like springtime is better for Pugs on the beach than the hot, sticky summer. Hey, that could be a new drink, “Pugs on the Beach”. Ha! Ha! What combination of alcohol would that have?! That last picture is insanely cute … I just want to hug you to death cute!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger A Tail of 3 Doggies said…

    Pawsh Pad Dude! Can we come with you next time?

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh that beach house is so very nice...what a wonderful time you all must have had. Norman looks beautiful up on that pretty bed! Ian looks very "gangsta" in that picture. Norman...you are lucky you get to go on the beach there...you get arrested here!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    Norman, I love the pictures, especially the one of you on the bed!! Looks like you had a wonderful time!!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger AM said…

    That house is super amazing! SUPER! And that is so wonderful that they let you bring Norman. He looks so comfy on that big fancy bed! Glad he enjoyed the beach!

    Loved this post and all the pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home