Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Questions Answered - Part 3

The Devil Dog has several questions:

Q: Do you have a girlfriend?

A: Well, I have lots of friends that are girls, but I think you mean do I have a "special" lady friend. Unfortunately, I do not, but I am taking applications to fill the position. *wink* *wink*

Q: How did you come to be with Woman?

A: Woman already told the story about when she first got me, but I will elaborate on that a little bit. When Woman and Ian got home from New Orleans for their anniversary celebration, Ian told her she could finally get a Pug. So, she started looking through the newspaper for advertisements for Pugs. She found two people advertising male baby Pugs. One was in Wilmur, Alabama, and the other was in Mississippi. Woman intended to visit both places and decide later if she wanted any of the puppies from either place. The People went to Wilmur first since it was sort of on the way to Mississippi (definitely closer than Mississippi at least.) When Woman got there, she saw me and my brother. We both wanted to go home with her very badly! We were jumping and crying and whining at her to pick us up. Woman fell in love with both of us and knew she was leaving that day with a Pug. I guess I whined a little harder than my brother, because I ended up being the one she picked.

In retrospect, Woman thinks the place she got me might be a puppy mill. I guess it depends on your definition of a puppy mill. She says my mama and daddy and five other adult Pugs were living outside in fenced-in "runs" made of concrete. The runs were probably 30 feet by 8 feet, and each one had a kiddy pool in it that the Pug could use to cool off. She said the pens were kept very clean, but still it was sad to see the Pugs caged up like that. When the People approached the Pugs' pens, they jumped and whined and wanted to be loved on. Woman doesn't think Pugs should live outside like that. She thinks we are social animals and should be sitting in laps. I agree! Woman says the people who sold me seemed to really love their animals though. I guess they just don't know that it is cruel to keep Pugs outside like that. Maybe they're just ignorant, and not necessarily greedy breeders.

Q: Why do birds sing?

A: Before researching this on the Internet, my guess was that birds sing for the following reasons; baby birds sing for food, adult birds sing for a mate or to indicate danger to other birds. I found during my research that baby birds do indeed sing for food, and the other things I listed, but also for other reasons such as:
  • to establish their territory
  • for fun
  • to keep the flock together
  • to encourage other birds (LOL)
  • to intimidate predators
  • for practice
Q: Why do fools fall in love?

A: My guess is that only fools would fall in love - LOL!

Nevis asks the Woman, "What are your 5 favorite movies and why?"

A: Wow, this is a tough one. It would be easier to list my 5 favorite TV shows, so I'll list both.

5 Favorite TV Shows:
  • Arrested Development
  • Seinfeld
  • The Simpsons
  • Firefly
  • Lost
The first three are comedies, because I love to laugh! Also, I can watch these shows on DVD over and over again and never grow tired of them. It's sad that 3 of the 5 are no longer airing, but rest assured that we own the DVDs.

Arrested Development (canceled by Fox after 3 seasons) is in my top 5, because not only are the plots hilarious, but the character development is great. Seinfeld has the funniest scenarios of any show I have ever seen, and the way they intertwine the various plots during an episode to come back together in the end is just genius. The Simpsons just get more wild and wacky with each season. Like the say on Southpark, "Simpsons already did it." There's just nothing they haven't done on The Simpsons. They're so awesome. Firefly is more of a dramedy than a comedy, but I still love it. It's funny, but also serious. Again, the characters on this show are just so awesome that I love watching them. Too bad this show was canceled after one season. Fox - you suck. And of course there's Lost. Who doesn't love Lost? Seriously. My grandma probably likes this show, and she hates everything! I hope the ending is not a let-down, but at this point I don't know how it can be anything but crap since everyone has built the finale up into something that cannot possibly be as awesome as we all want it to be.

OK, onto movies. This is a lot more difficult, because really, there are a million movies out there.
  • Tommy Boy
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Tombstone
  • Shakespeare in Love
What I look for in a good movie is; characters that I want to know better, strong stories, and memorable moments that I can re-create in my head and with friends. Yes, this last one is kind of weird, but you would be amazed at how often family and friends quote lines from movies. It's rather addictive. The first four meet all these qualifications. Shakespeare in Love doesn't quite meet the final qualification, but the movie is just so beautiful that it makes the cut regardless. They're my rules, and I'll break them if I want.

RPM has several questions, but before we look at her questions, I would like each of you to go view her profile. Have you ever seen someone cite NASCAR and opera together in their list of interests? RPM - you are an intriguing woman!! Now, onto the questions...

Q: "Has Ian ever kissed you?"

A: LOL! No, he has never kissed me. It's funny that you would ask this question, because Woman has tried to get Ian to kiss me on several occasions. I don't know why he's so hesitant to kiss me. I kiss him all the time!

Q: "Are you a licker as well as a barker?"

A: Oh, am I ever! I LOVE TO LICK! I lick everything! I lick myself, I lick the hootie, I lick the people, I lick THE AIR! It drives Ian absolutely insane. In the mornings before Ian gets up, Woman and I sit out on the couch together, and she lets me lick and lick and lick. She tells me to get it out of my system before Ian gets up. LOL! It never works though.

Q: "Do you ever get to go on the grounds at the Biltmore Estate?"

A: I have never been to the Biltmore. Isn't that sad? Woman should take me this weekend! Woman says the reason I have never been there is because they like to eat lunch at the restaurants while they're there, and since they don't allow Pugs in restaurants, I don't get to go with them. Blasted restaurants and their policies built on discrimination of Pugkind!!

RPM also has a question for Woman.

Q: "What kind of soap and moisturizer do you use on your face? Your skin is so pretty."

A: Awe, how sweet. It's funny YOU would say that, because you have gorgeous skin yourself. I do not think I have nice skin, but most women probably feel this way. When I was in high school, I slept EVERY NIGHT with a mint mud mask on my face. I can still remember the smell of it. It was the consistency of mud, but then dried to a hard texture that cracked in the night. It was very uncomfortable, but this was the only way I could control the oil and blemishes, and still I had a lot of zits. My skin is really oily, but used to be a lot worse when I was in high school. When I went to college, I stopped doing this. I guess I was just tired of it. My skin did clear up in college though. Now days I just use Dove moisturizing body soap and Oil of Olay lotion - just the cheap stuff in the white bottle. I also use Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation (probably why you think I have nice skin) that is 15spf and Merle Norman powder. I despise the sun and hide from it as best I can.

Priscilla is asking Woman to help her change out the banner on her blog. Let's see if Woman can figure it out for her.

A: Your current image is named bg_hdr_bot.jpg. To replace it with another image, go to your "dashboard" in blogger, and select "modify template". Now search for the string bg_hdr_bot.jpg, and change this to the new image you want to use. You will need to change the entire string that is in quotes; ie, starting from the http part of the string. If this doesn't make sense, let me know.

I will try to get together a baby picture post and a hot tub post for you all for later. I must warn you though that Woman has been sick the past couple days and is very busy at work - a bad combination for blogging!

18 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Mr. Chris said…

    Odd that the woman would pick the whiniest of the two pugs and complain when you whine. I seem to recall she often called you a "titty baby". Women, will we ever understand them?

    To those who've no seen Arrested Development: All 3 seasons of the show were made available on hulu.com today. Hulu is a free and legal service that streams TV Shows and movies with limited commercial interruptions to your PC. You don't even need an account. If only ABC would sign up on, maybe they would get LOST.

    Ooh, speaking of which: I would like to announce that I know everything about LOST. I have to refer to my understanding as a "theory" until the show wraps up and everyone can marvel at my sharp observations and uncanny deductive reasoning. Want to know about the smoke monster? Jacob? the pregnancy problem? the various "hallucinations"? Call on me.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Norman, tell the Woman I hope she feels better soon!!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon.

    Yep your description made sense and I now have a picture in the heading.

    It's wrong. Too small, not spread across the top and, well, I still have a little work to do.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Hi! Norman! I am sure liking your informative posts! They are a lot of fun!
    My daddy never kisses me either - it must be a man thing!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck
    PS: I'll totally be your girl friend!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    You are one smart pug -- you must get that from Woman!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    You are a very smart pug, Norman. After all, you like broccoli. Tombstone is one of Dad's favorite movies. He loves the line when one guy says to Doc, Why are you doing this and Doc say's "he's my friend." The guy replies, "Hell, I've got lots of friends" and Doc replies "I don't." Mom thinks Val Kilmer should have won an Oscar for that role.

    Roxy

    PS Norman, if you are taking applications for a girlfriend, may I suggest my sister, Roxy. You both love broccoli, are very inquisitive and intelligent and disciminating.
    ~ Lucky

    LUCKY!

    hee hee ~ Lucky

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I thought Punchy was your girlfriend! Didn't you sleep with her? HA!!! That was terrible...forgive me please!

    I know our Chichi came from the same place in Wilmer that you did, Norman. The husband here went and picked her out as a surprise for me and he said they were on concrete runs with fencing and the lady took her inside and gave her a little bath before she came to live with us. I lost all the pugs' papers while running from a hurricane so I don't have the name of the mom and dad or breeder...boo. But Chichi was a HUGE licker, too. Good for your skin!

    I think the Biltmore should have a doggy day care for you guys so that the parents could go eat at the restaurants but still get to bring the pups to roam the grounds.

    Thanks for the skin info. I think Oil of Olay is great. I use that, too. I also use the Oil of Olay disposable wash cloths. thank you for the compliment:)

    Ian does not know what joy he is missing by not giving you a kiss once in a while!

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    I think Kritter's breeder might have been the same type. If he didn't get enough attention as a puppy, he's certainly made up for it since!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Norman,

    Not only are you a very smart puggie, you are also very funny. You have our mommy laughing and we like that because then she's more likely to give us treats (LOTS of them).

    We think "lick the hootie" is one of the funniest things we've heard. Mommy thinks it should be turned into a catch phrase.

    Pug snorts from,
    Pearl & Daisy

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, perhaps you should draft a letter to Biltmore for discimination.

    Woman, we have similar tastes in TV shows. I adore Seinfeld and agree about Arrested Development. I haven't finished the series yet but I'm working my way through it on DVD. Gob cracks me up.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Gob is the great! Ian and I often say, "Whatever Michael" in Gob's voice. LOL!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Oh Normans Woman!

    How do I change the resolution on my photo? I tried to do it on my computer but it says it's to big, close programs, I do, it still doesn't. You've been so helpful and I feel so, um, stupid.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Are you using photoshop?

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Swampgirl said…

    Dear Norman, I would like to submit my application to be your girlfriend. (Please visit my Mom's blog!) Sincerely, Bitsey

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    You will have to do this more often. I have enjoyed reading your answers!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Love the question and answer session. I think we will have to do this too!

    PS. We love Rocky Horror too; have you ever seen it in person?

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Pug Mommy - oh yes, I have seen it in person, both as a play and in the big theater where the audience all dress up.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Gob FTW!

    Oh, and you're hilarious Norman.

    And what do you want a girlfriend, for? You want to be tide to one woman for the rest of your life?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home