Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Hello Everyone! It's my birthday! I know you have all been dying to hear about my birthday adventures, so let's get started.

I woke up this morning as usual, barking at Woman while she peed, barking at Woman while she opened the door to let me out to pee, and barking at Woman to get me a goodboy bone for going pee outside. Then we went in to check on the seedlings like we do every morning, returned to the kitchen to put the kettle on the stove and ate a banana. I always get the last bite of banana! Woo-hoo! Woman had some tea, and sung me the Happy Birthday song over and over. She was trying to teach me to squeak my chipmunk in tune with the song, but I have no rhythm. We played some fetch, and I licked hootie, myself, the air, the pillow, the blanket and even Woman until my heart was content. I have to get all my licking out of my system before Ian gets up, because he hates the lick. I also chewed some rib while Woman scratched my butt. It was a good morning. Then we headed off to work ...

Finally it was time for lunch. I have photos of this part!

We loaded up into the car, and I got to sit in the front on Woman's lap! No crate for me today, because it's my birthday! Ian told me not to get used to it though.

norman on his birthday

Our first stop was the Three Dog Bakery. Here are Woman and I out front.

Norman and Tammy at Three Dog Bakery

Here I am checking out some toys. Woman reminded me that I have enough toys at home, and I agreed with her.

norman at three dog bakery

They have these awesome bins of homemade treats! Woman got me some of these treats. I really like them.

three dog bakery

Here are the special cupcakes I picked out for my birthday.

norman's birthday treats

Then we moved on down the road for some lunch. I chose to eat at a restaurant called Modesto. They had some nice outdoor seating, so the People agreed we could have lunch there.

Here's the view looking down the street from our table.

view from modesto

And here is the view across the street. Aren't those pretty trees?

view from Modesto

I ate my little cupcake while we waited for our food.

norman at modesto

The waitress lady brought me a bowl of water. Fancy!

norman downtown

Woman ordered this pasta with meatballs. She shared her meatballs with me. They were awesome.

modesto classic pasta

Ian ordered this seafood pasta. He did not share with me.

modesto seafood pasta

I quite enjoyed my meatballs. We saved my "big" cupcake for later tonight, so I could spread out the goodness over the day.

norman at modesto

There were some dogs in a car across the street who kept barking at me. They were totally jealous of me.

norman downtown

I tried to get Woman to take me next door to Chorizo for a Mojito, but she said she needed to get home and back to work. Oh well, maybe next time!

Norman wants a mojito

The restaurant we ate at is part of the Grove Arcade. Here is a picture of the building.

grove arcade

I was pretty wiped out after lunch, so we packed ourselves back into the car and headed home.

norman 7th birthday

I did muster up the energy for a photo in front of my birthday forsythia. It's blooming, but not all the way. Oh well, it's still pretty.

norman 7th birthday

I'm a tired Pug.

norman 7th birthday

I'm going to take a nap now. I hope I have more birthday surprises in store when I wake up! Like, maybe some presents!!!

26 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday Norman!
    From Winston and Hef in Minnesota!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    happy birthday, norman! your day looks awesome. the cupcakes you picked out are especially nice and it seems like you had a nice lunch al fresco too. i hope you have more fun as the day unfolds. perhaps you will have a mojito at some point...

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Wilson & Henry said…

    Happy Birthday Norman! What a cute town that is! Your Three Dog Bakery looks really nice. The one I go to is nice and full of neat stuff, but I've never seen cupcakes like that there!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Happy Birthday, Norman! Looks like you have had a GREAT day!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you had a great day, Norman! Enjoy your cupcake tonight!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Manda Girl said…

    Happy Birthday Norman!!!! Many kisses from Meimei and Miko

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    Happy Birthday Norman!!! Your day sounded awesome and I can only hope that my parents arrange such a cool birthday party for me. Tell us more about the food you got.

    Ever Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,
    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Happy Birthday Sassy Norman! Looks like you had a great day. Now ask you Woman why can't your birthday be every day?

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Norman, Happy Birthday to you.

    Roxy & Lucky

    That sounds like it was an awesome day. That cupcake looked totally delicious. Mmmm, I'm sorry I missed it.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Looks like you had a really great birthday! I'm glad you got to go for lunch as a family :)

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Norman, how can you handle so much birthday excitement?? And there's more to come?? You'll have to take the whole weekend to recover! That is what I do for my birthday every year, anyways.
    Woman is giving me some good ideas for Winston's Birthday which is coming up very soon!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Norman, the picture of you at the bakery is a scream! You had a great day! What other Pug gets a cupcake, meatballs, and an even bigger cupcake?! Happy birthday to you :)

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Happy Birthday Norman!! I am sorry I missed the day - so hopefully this will extend the joy of the occasion for you!!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Wow Norman it sounds like your birthday was AWESOME! Those lunch portions were huge! I can see how that made it easy for your Woman to share her meatballs with you. What a treat! And the bakery too! My goodness Norman, your people LOVE YOU.

    I've been to the Grove Arcade, about 2 years ago or so. It had a lot of stores etc, but seemed like it was still developing. It would be neat to see it now.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Norman!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!! :)

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Wow, what a great birthday!! Can't wait to hear how it ended!!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Wow, a great day!!!! You totally had so much fun!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    I am soooo jealous of you! Happy Birthday Norman! And good job Woman and Ian!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Hey Norman!
    Happy Birthday one day late! I hope that it was great!
    Did you get any presents?
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful day.

    Happy pug snorts from,
    Pearl & Daisy

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    HaPpY Birthday Norman! what a awesome day!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Happy AWESOME birthday, Norman! *hugs* And many more.........

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    What a great birthday Norman!! Your woman is so good to you. I love the birthday cupcakes.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Happy Birthday Norman!! I looks like you had an extra special day. What a handsome pug you are by your birthday forsythia.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday, Norman!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy belated birthday lovely norman

    luv & kisses & goodboy bone, almond

     

Post a Comment

<< Home