Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Movie Meme - 100% Answered!

I got this meme from Shanny. It looks like lots of fun if you have some time to play! Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Here's my list, with help from Woman of course.

1 - How do you do? I see you've met my faithful handyman. He's just a little brought down, because when you knocked, he thought you were the candy-man. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - correctly answered by Tami

2 - Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives... [laughs] ...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say! Or, to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this. The Emperor's New Groove - correctly answered by Aunt Nita who has endured quotes from this movie by us and Ian's siblings for the past 7 years - LOL!

3 - Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes? - Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - correctly answered by Manda Girl

4 - Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny *bleep*ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white *bleep* down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of *bleep*holes this side of the nuthouse. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - correctly answered by Tami

5 - Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges. Strange Brew - correctly answered by Kristie

6 - You have the ring, and I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how well you handle it. Spaceballs - correctly answered by Winston

7 - Fifty pounds! A very worthy sum on a very worthy question. Can a play show us the very truth and nature of love? I bear witness to the wager, and will be the judge of it as occasion arises. I have not seen anything to settle it yet. Shakespeare in Love - correctly answered by Roxy's Mom person

8 - Oooh, I'm a star, and the audience loves me... and I love them. And they love me for loving them and I love them for loving me. And we love each other. And that's because none of us got enough love in our childhood. And that's showbiz... kid. Chicago - correctly answered by Winston

9 - Well my friend Sweet Jay took me to that video arcade in town, right, and they don't speak English there, so Jay got into a fight and he's all, "Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French" or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, "Just back off!" And they're all, "Get out!" And we're like, "Make me!" It was cool. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - correctly answered by Felicity and Henry


10 - I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie? - Tommy Boy - correctly answered by Whitola

If there are any left unanswered by tomorrow, I'll start posting hints!

27 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Oh, I'm so bad at these...I don't know a single one! :(

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Im going to take a random guess and say that #3 is from Snakes on a Plane. :)

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    No, sorry AM, not that movie. I have never seen that movie. I hate snakes and I hate planes. I can't imagine anything in life I hate more than snakes or planes!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    Hey Norman! This is my first comment on your blog! I totally know almost all of those, but since I'm related, I'll let others guess. I'll just go with number 10, cause it's my favorite. Tommy Boy!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    LOL! Nice job Whitola :)

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Manda Girl said…

    Sorry AM - #3 is Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

    That's all I can recognize - this is fun!!!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    #7 is Shakespeare in Love
    Mom thinks #4 is The Ref, with Dennis Leary.

    Roxy

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    #1 is The Rocky Horror Picture Show and #4 is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is #9 from Hay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOPS!! Jay J a J not an H - my woman is now fired as my typist!! LOL

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Roxy - #7 is correct, but not #4

    Tami - Correct on both!

    Charlie - Nope, not that movie :)

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    Oooohhhh!!! #6 is Dark Helmut from space balls and #8 is Roxy Hart from Chicago. My Daddy loves both those movies.

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, is #9 from Clerks?

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    oh, i forgot to say #5 is from Strange Brew...i think...i dated a canadian once and he said 'eh' all the time...

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Great job Winston! Those are both correct!

    Kristie - #9 is not from Clerks, but I am WAY impressed that you got #5! I'll steamroll you eh!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Danita said…

    This coming from someone with no kids--#2 is from The Emperor's New Groove.

    Tell the Woman and Mr. Ian hello from Aunt Nita.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Aunt Nita is correct!!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    number 2 is emperor's new groove! and number 9 is austin powers!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Great job Felicity and Henry!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Aw, I'm late and missed out on the fun! Cool meme though. I might just have to play myself.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh yes, please do play! It was great fun!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i did this on my blog today too!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Fun game! I think that Mom and I will play soon!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Dag, I'm late to the pahtay!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Mom just posted hers. Come on over and see what you can figure out.

    Roxy

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Some great movies!!!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Good job, Norman. It is ET.

    Roxy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home