Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, April 07, 2008

Questions Answered - Part 2

I have a little time to devote to answering some more questions today, so let's get started.

Doozy asks, "Norman, if you could be any other animal, what would it be?"

A: Geesh. This is a difficult question. I really like being a Pug, and there aren't a whole lot of other kinds of animals to pick from. How many other types of animals are there? Two? Three? Let's see; there are cats (I have seen these at Gammy's and Kari's house), fish (I have seen these at Gammy's house), other kinds of dogs (I have seen these at the dog park), and that's about all the kinds of animals I know about existing. I think I'll stay a Pug, thank you very much. I don't like water, and cats have too much of a loner mentality. Pugs are the perfect animal.

Pam would like to know, "What / where is your favorite spot in the house and outside?"

A: Well, Pam, my favorite spot of all time is snuggling with Woman on the couch. She's the spoon, and I'm the puddin'. She says I'm her snuggle monster, because I am a very aggressive snuggler!! I think she enjoys it too. When I'm outside, I like to hang out under the maple tree at the top of the yard. I can see all the sights and sniff all the smells from that position, and there is good shade up there. Sometimes I rest my head on a tree root. Woman thinks it's the cutest thing ever, but she says that about everything I do, so who can tell?

Pam also has a question for Woman. "Are you working on any knitting projects right now? Do you knit on projects all year long or seasonally when it gets colder?"

A: I am currently not working on a knitting project right now. The Christmas sweater I made for Sarah was pretty intense - I worked on it ALL THE TIME, so I am taking a break. I usually start knitting in the Fall when gardening season is over. When it's gardening season, I don't have much time to knit! I have chosen the sweater I am making Sarah this year for her birthday, so I might start looking at yarn for that. Now that she has a baby brother, I will make him and her birthday sweaters so I'm not overloaded at Christmas. Also, I am going to make myself a sweater this year. I'm pretty excited about it. The pattern is from my Celtic Knits books I got for Christmas, and there is a lot of cabling involved! I don't want to spoil the surprise by sharing the pattern right now though :)

Two Pugs would like to know, "Why can't we get into the treat cupboard when we want?"

A: Well, Pearl and Daisy, if you can't get into the treat cupboard when you want, then I would say you're not using your Puggly wiles very well. You need to get those people wrapped around your paw so tightly that one flash of the sad eyes sends them running to the treat cupboard! On the other hand, if we had thumbs, we could get in that cupboard on our own. I think Pugs should unite to do away with cupboards altogether!!

Tami wants to know, "Will Woman always have a Pug or other critter in her life even when she is very, very old?"

A: Tami, I cannot imagine my life without my little snuggle monster Norman. When the time comes when Norman has to leave me, I am sure I will get a new dog - maybe even a Frenchie. Don't tell Norman though. I love having the company of a dog, and they're just so entertaining and sweet. I don't think I could stand to be without a friend like Norman. (Even if he does pee on things and step on my boob every now and then!)

I'm almost done with the questions, but I'll save some more for later, because Woman has to go to the gym now and work off that Thin Mint she ate this morning - LOL!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, I'm sure the Woman really enjoys that you snuggle near her. I also think a tree is a perfect spot to hang out outside. I usually have to take a nap though if I'm sitting under one too long though.

    Woman, I remember you mentioning that Celtic Knits book. I look forward to seeing what you create from that. I understand though about not wanting to knit right now, the weather is way too nice. Besides, it sounds like your garden keeps you pretty busy.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Very interesting reading . . . thanks for answering those questions!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    I am glad Woman got the gist of my question ;) Thanks for answering!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Thanks for answering our question! We're going to work on having the saddest puggie eyes around because we love treats!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!
    Great work on all your question answering. I loved reading about you! I wish I had a tree in my yard to rest under...
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Norman..loving the answers. Can't wait for MY question. *pouts*

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home