Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Pictures

Several people wanted to see some baby pictures of me and hear about my first days with the People. I have already told the story of when / why / how / where the people got me, now I will talk about my first day with them.

After paying the breeder (by check), the People loaded me into the car, and I got to sit on Woman's lap in the front seat. I was very scared of the car, and although I acted all tough and cool a few minutes previously when the People were choosing between me and my brother, I became timid and frightened in the car. It was my first car ride, and boy was it weird. Our first stop was not home or the pet store, but Mr. Chris's house. That's right. We went to Mr. Chris's house before going home. That's when I met Chewbear for the first time. I was very afraid of her, because she was a lot bigger than me. I hid in Woman's lap the whole time we were there. Isn't that funny? I grew up to be bigger than Chewbear! I cannot find photos of this first meeting. Maybe Mr. Chris has some. I checked your flickr page Mr. Chris, but there is nothing there - do you have some archived on your PC?

After we left Mr. Chris's house, we went to the pet store to buy the Pug essentials. You know, silk scarves, diamond encrusted toys, that sort of stuff. I don't really remember this first visit, but I 'm sure Woman carried me since we didn't have a leash.

Finally we made our way home, and although the details are fuzzy, I bet I peed on the carpet pretty soon after stepping through the doorway. And so began my life of pampering! (Being pampered that is, not pampering others. And I'm not talking about diapers either.)

The People did not have a digital camera when I was a baby Pug, so there are not as many pictures of me as a puppy as there are of adult me. I will share some of the photos Woman has previously scanned into the computer and try to get her to scan some more.

This is a very early picture of me. The People used to be able to subdue me by putting me in a box. This didn't last long.

norman

One of my first toys was a paper towel roll.

norman_towel_roll

I warn you that there is some humiliation coming up. Woman used to dress me up in Cabbage Patch Kid clothes and photograph me. I hoped these pictures would never be leaked to the Internet, but if someone is going to leak them, I'm glad it is me.

Here I am as the Pugquistador:

pugquistador

Caesar Augustus:

norman_agustus

And as proof that bow ties are not cool on anyone, here I am doing my Mr. Chris at the ACM banquet impersonation:

bow_tie_norman

Here is the original Mr. Chris at the ACM Banquet (with Woman):



And here is my general Mr. Chris impersonation:

me_so_nerdy

There are more baby photos of me, but this is all Woman has scanned into the computer at this point, and she says she is not scanning any more in today. What a poopy-head. Maybe I'll have some more to share with you later!

18 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, you were a very cute baby pug! and your impersonation of mr. chris is spot on.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Page said…

    oh, norman, I just could not have believed you could be any cuter until I saw your baby pics! awwww...brings back memories. When I first got Winnie I didn't have a digital either (life was so uncivilized back then!) so I had to upload all my photos, too! You were ADORABLE.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Oh Norman, you were so cute as a puppy. The Ceasar picture is a screech and the Mr. Chris photos are hysterical. Don't be mad at your mom for not scanning all the photos, yet. Scanning is tedious work, mom says, and takes a long time.

    Roxy

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Awwww, Norman, you were such a cutie!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, can you still fit in those costumes? I like the bullfighter outfit the best.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Swampgirl said…

    Norman, if you travel on I85 to Mobile you will pass right by me! Wave your paw when you pass the 280 exit in Alabama!XXOO Bitsey P.S. You were cute as a puppy, but you are so handsome now!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Norman, your baby pics are absolutely adorable!! I love the dress up shots. Tell your mom thanks for the migraine advice, I think I will try the vitamin approach, it can't hurt!

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your baby pics!! The outfits are awesome!!

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Awwww!! Such a cute puppy. The first two are my favorite -cardboard looks good on you Norman.

    I missed out on all the puppy cuteness with Giggs (but I still love him) and that's why I want another pug!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I love the baby pictures :)

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman you were (and still are) adorable! I love that woman used to dress you up!!!!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Great baby pictures, Norman. Although now I see why you're frequently fed up with your woman.

    A Pugquistador?

    Really!?

    Seriously?

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Too Cute Pugs said…

    Norman

    We think you are puggie MODEL. No! Super model! Look at you in all your poses and clothes. Very impressive.

    Pug snorts from,
    Pearl & Daisy

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    You were a very cute baby pug Norman! I think you could have a career as a pug-clothing model.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Wilson & Henry said…

    More baby pics! These are so adorable! What a stylish boy.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman you are such a cutie!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    You are a fine specimen of a pug, even when you were a puppy. I like the Mr. Chris outfits, too -- makes you look like a rocket scientist!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    Norman,
    Mr. Chris still has his flannel shirt that is the same pattern as the one you were wearing when you were a little thing. Unlike you, he still wears his shirt on a regular basis.

    I asked Mr. Chris why he was wearing a bow tie to a banquet. He said that bow ties increase a person's i.q. by 30% and that I should force my students to wear bow ties while taking standardized tests. I want to ask that question for your next q&a session. Do bow ties increase a person's i.q. by 30% or is Mr. Chris just sh***ing me again?

    The Mrs. Chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home