Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, September 14, 2007

Dog Park!

I got to go to the dog park this past Sunday, after a very long hiatus. I have not been to the park in a long time, because 1 - it has been really hot, and 2 - before I got neutered in March, I had a sort of obsession with other dogs' dingles and berries, and it really embarrassed the People. I am glad to report that I no long take an unhealthy interest in other dogs' dingles or berries! Woo-hoo! I'm cured of obsessive compulsive dingle syndrome!

Here I am after arriving at the dog park. Our park is mostly dirt, and it gets pretty muddy there when it rains, but thankfully we have been in a serious drought, so there was no mud this day. (BTW - The drought ended last night with a major downpour of rain!)

norman at the dog park

Most of these pictures are just of dog butts, so I hope you like dog butt. That little Chihuahua guy who is sniffing my butt is named Nacho. Nacho is King of the dog park. He gets all up in the other dogs' faces, no matter how big they are, and gives them "what for." I think I saw him giving one dog a little "how to" once also! His owners took him home early, because he was being Bossy Smurf.

dog park september 2007

That husky wasn't neutered, and he went around peeing on all the trees in the park, even if there were people sitting in front of them! He almost peed on Ian once. It was cool.

dog park september 2007

How do I know he wasn't neutered? OK, I took a look for myself... I can't just go dingle sniffing cold turkey! Sorry!

dog park september 2007

This Great Dane was so cool. His name is Marlow. He is so graceful and gentle. I really liked him. I hope he comes back sometime when I am there.

dog park september 2007

I had a great time running and playing with the other dogs and the people. Everyone knew my name, because I get up in peoples' faces and kiss them, and they can read my name tag. It was good times. I guess it was worth losing my berries for.

Side Note - Woman is working on the Pay It Forward gifts. She is 1/2 done with the first one. Yeah, that doesn't sound like far along, but she just started last night. Busted Woman!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Giggs is neutered and he is STILL obsessed with dingles! Not so much berries but definitely dingles. He's just gay we think.

    The gifts are slow-going on this end too. My first one didn't turn out like I'd envisioned. Back to the drawing board.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    So funny about the dingles and berries. Glad you had a good time at the park. We don't have them here, we be envious. Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger L said…

    That's some sweet dog park action, dude!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    We were once members of a pug group which met at the dog park, but it doesn't meet anymore. So sad :(

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    We just keep finding out little things about you Norman... dingle and berries obsession... that is a good one! Just curious, does your dog park not have separate areas for small dogs and big dogs?

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    No, pug mommy, no separate areas. There are usually no other small dogs there but me anyway!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home