Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, September 17, 2007

Belly Ache!

First let me tell you all that Ian has been gone all weekend in Chicago. Although I did miss him, it was pretty awesome, because I got to sleep in the bed with Woman. Actually, I slept on top of Woman most of the time. She makes a nice cozy body pillow. I couldn't blog about it earlier, because Woman is paranoid about being alone in the house, and she didn't want a serial killer to come and kill her after reading on my blog that she was all alone. I guess she doesn't think I can protect her. P-shaw!

Woman and I spent Friday night at the Gammy's house, and Nate dropped Buddy off there to stay the weekend with us. Nate brought Buddy some food in a plastic grocery bag. I eyed that food pretty good most of the night.

The next morning, Woman and Gammy went to get some free plants from a lady who was thinning out her garden, and then Woman, Buddy and I went home to plant the plants. The plants had been placed in plastic grocery bags. Woman unloaded all the plastic grocery bags onto the back porch and proceeded to plant the new flowers. In her hasty unloading, Woman inadvertantly (that's a word, right?) put Buddy's plastic grocery bag of food on the porch with the other plastic grocery bags of plants. I noticed this immediately and played it cool ... Then, when she was up in the corner of the yard digging, I made my move. SNARF! SNARF! Woman came back down and saw me snarfing and was afraid I had found the garlic bulbs the friend gave her. As she approached me asking, "What are you eating?" I proceeded to SNARF with more fury, because I knew my time was short. She was relieved to see that it was just Buddy's food, but not so relieved to see that I had eaten it all. Yes, all of it - about 4 cups! Buddy is a big boy, and he eats a lot of food. She gave me a scolding, but I didn't care, because I got the food, and it was worth a scolding.

Later that night around supper time, she had forgotten about the snarfing incident and fed me my dinner as usual. She was surprised that I didn't demand my dinner like I do every night and every morning, but she thought little about it. Finally we headed for bed, where I proceeded to toot and toot and toot! My belly grumbled and ached and ached. Woman noticed I was REALLY bloated and remembered that I had eaten all of Buddy's food. I got another scolding and we went to sleep.

At around 5am, I woke Woman with whining and whimpering. I needed to go OUTSIDE! I needed to go NOW! Reluctantly, Woman took me out into the chilly Autumn morning and I did some serious BUSINESS! I felt a lot better, but I was still bloated to the gills. LOL!

I am feeling better today, and I have learned a lesson - only eat half of Buddy's food, and save the other half for later!

12 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Hahaha! Way to go Goodboy! I would have eaten all 4 cups of food too or more! And, you got dinner too! I'd have to say that was quite a successful day, other than the tummy ache. Would you say it was worth it though?

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Norman,
    First of all "inadvertently" is most definitely a word. Secondly, isn't it awesome to have too much food. Daddy secretly gave me almost three times as much food as he is supposed to last week because I have been whining for food (the steroids make me really hungry. The next morning, I too did some serious "business"...darn near filled up the little white bag, if you know what I mean.

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Oh the toots. Well, at least you were keeping The Woman warm. I am sure she is VERY glad she got up with you in the early morning!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    Norman,
    You pugs never learn! Hope your tummy is better, and hope you learned your lesson!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Haha! Greedy-Pete turned into Poopy-Pete! Poor Norman! And poor Woman for having to smell your farts!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Hehe, Norman...way to go! I can relate to a bad tummy ache from the pugs...Winston once managed to knock over the cat food (that is in this huge bin that refills itself) and ate SOOO much that by the time I got home from work he was spread out on the couch in gluttonous agony. I still don't think he's learned his lesson. Oh, and the gas! The noxious gas!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Wow, four cups of food. It be a wonder you could even walk. Congrats by the way!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is too funny! 4 cups of food! I'll bet you had to go BAD. So what did Buddy eat the rest of the week?

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you are too smart for you own good! You sure made me laugh to think of you hurrying and snarfing that food up before the Woman could get to you!

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger L said…

    Oh Norman, the snarfing got the best of you!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, that is a lot of food for a Puggy to snarf! You must have REALLY eatten it fast, fast, fast! No wonder you tooted! I'll bet you'd do it again if you could!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Oh my gosh! This made for some funny reading. Sorry Norman!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home