Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

High Maintenance Dog

As of today, I am a high maintenance dog. I used to be really low maintenance - well, when it came to eating at least. I got one bowl of food a day and usually two bowls of water. Sometimes the Woman would sneak me a piece of pear or apple or something like that, but for the most part, I was a straight out food and water kind of dog. Today all that changed. Now, I am on the Dr. Budwig diet of cottage cheese and flaxseed oil. I also get lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and powdered vitamin C. The Woman found a lot of information on holistic healing, and she's experimenting on me, the guinea pug.

The Woman blends up 1/4 cup organic low-fat cottage cheese and 1 tbsp flaxseed oil, and cuts me up some fresh fruits and veggies, and I eat it. She hasn't been able to get the powdered vitamin C down my gullet yet, but I know she'll keep trying until she finds some way in. Here is a link with more info on the Dr. Budwig lady if you're interested. The diet is not just for dogs, and it doesn't taste all that bad. Note that you do have to blend it up for the oil to bond with the cottage cheese. Yeah, that's a new age kind of comment. What can I say - cancer changes you, ok?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asheville has changed you, man. You used to be all about being awsome. Now you're all into "holistic healing"? Next thing we know you'll be like, "I can't pee on that tree! Trees have feelings too!" Fight the hippie vibes! Nurture the evil within!

    http://www.studpug.com/top10.htm

    -Mr. Chris

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Go feed your dogs their own eye boogers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home