Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Monday, May 08, 2006

It is a Tumor

I ended up having my lump removed last Wednesday, because it was still there when the scab fell off - gross, I know. Anyway, the Vet was very reassuring that it was just precautionary to have it removed and confident that it wasn't cancer. Well, we got the results back today, and it is cancer - a Mast Cell Tumor to be exact. She said it's grade 1 with well-defined margins and no cancer around the lump, so she isn't recommending any further treatment. The Woman is a mess though. We are going to talk to the Vet about vitamin C therapy when I get my stitches taken out Monday. If anyone has any other advice, please leave it in the comment section or send me an email.

On another note, I have three really awesome stitches! They shaved a big spot on my shoulder, and now I'm bald there. I have been looking around for a make-shift toupee, but nothing seems to match all that well. The Woman's blanket she just got for her birthday was the closest match, but she really likes it, so I will spare it the scissors treatment. I guess my hair will grow back soon enough. I was hoping to get a tattoo or something, but The Woman said they don't do that sort of thing at the Vet.

Stitches are really really itchy. I have been trying not to scratch, but sometimes it's unbearable. I have a little raw spot above my stitches from where I am itching myself. I can't actually hit the stitches with my paw. Doh!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear the news, Norman. Mr. Chris filled me in. I have tried to email you a couple of times, but your server will not let me in. Something about your website doesn't like me:(

    Please take it easy on The Woman. She has probably been worrying sick about you. And don't be too disappointed about not being able to get a tattoo. You've seen Mr. Chris' ankle. Need I say more? :)

    Take care, you stud, you.
    Elise

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi

    My name is Tracy. I have a pug called Jessie that has had problems with Mast Cell Tumors for about 2 years now. Drop me an e-mail please as I have tried a few things that work and perhaps we can swop ideas? tracys@absamail.co.za
    Regards
    Tracy Skellern

     

Post a Comment

<< Home