Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

No Brudder

Ian made the stunning announcement in December that Woman was allowed to finally get a Frenchie. This shocked everyone involved, especially me. You can imagine how opposed I was to the idea of getting a Frenchie, and the fact that Ian didn't consult me before telling Woman the news made me like the idea even less. Woman was finally able to convince me that having a brudder around would be fantastic - just like having Pugsley around all the time. I slowly warmed up to the idea and finally accepted it.

So, Woman applied for a cute little 2-year old Frenchie named Elton through FBRN. She got a call from the foster Mom a week later explaining how she had never had so many applications for a dog in her experience as a foster, and that we were in the final running for getting Elton. Woman was very excited and had her hopes set pretty high on getting Elton.

Those hopes were dashed this morning when Woman received an email stating that we were not selected as Elton's forever home, and you can imagine Woman was devastated. I'm pretty sad too, but not nearly as sad as Woman. She thinks we were not chosen because I'm an old man dog, but I can assure you that I play like a puppy when hooties are involved.

If anyone has any advice on adopting a Frenchie, please share. Woman isn't sure she wants to go through this disappointment again, but would still be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Norman,

    Tell Woman that we know some people who have adopted through French Bulldog Village. She might want to apply there just to increase the odds.

    Good luck - hope it works out for you. I was not so happy about getting a sister, but all in all it's OK.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    Oh... one other thing. Does Woman read the Smushies' blog? They foster frenchies so I'm sure they could help with advice!
    http://livingwithapug.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh...I'm so glad Ian said okay! I'm so sorry that your Woman's hopes were dashed on this go-round. Don't give up. It will be so worth it to get a brudder! You are a good boy, Norman!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Im so sorry you guys werent selected. Maybe share your blog with them so they can see how awesome Norman's lifestyle is? Or bake cookies.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    i'm very sorry y'all didn't get elton! i feel quite certain it's not due to your age, norman...but i'm sure woman is still devastated...i'm sure the right brudder will come along soon! personally, i'm still shocked that ian is entertaining the idea of another dog in the house!!!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    Aw, I'm so sorry you didn't get selected. =(

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks for your comments, everyone. If you hear anything that might be of interest on the Frenchie front, please let me know!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry, we actually just went through something similar except it was through some friends of friends that had some health things going on.

    We hope it works out for you soon.

    And norman.. just think you can steal his toys and treats!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Poor Woman!
    Hopefully, the next time you apply, you will be selected?
    Did you ask the foster mother for sure why you weren't selected? When I applied to grad school, I called all of the schools that I DIDN'T get into and asked them for feedback. It was very helpful, and it turned out that most of them had nothing to do with me personally, which helped.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I honestly don't even want to know why they didn't select us - it will only p*ss me off. I'm pretty sure it's because our pets don't sleep in the bed with us. The foster mom was pretty adamant that Elton should sleep in the bed. We have a queen size bed. I'm not cramming two dogs in it with me and my husband! That's just crazy talk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home