Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sausagefest 2009

I know you're not going to believe this, but I missed the first half of Sausagefest. The People had the party at the neighborhood park this year, and Woman said I would be "too much trouble" to take. Me? Too much trouble? How much trouble is too much exactly? I hold to the statement that I am just the right amount of trouble!

The People had 15 lbs of bratwurst! Woman made pasta salad, cucumber and tomato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and banana pudding for sides. The food looked and smelled really good, and I'm pleased to say that I did get me some of that brat. Yummy!

Ian manned the grill. I'm not sure what Kevin is looking at there. Maybe this was his first time cooking up sausage. He's Canadian, so who knows what's going through that head of his. LOL!

keviin is perplexed by ian's cooking skills

Everyone ate a whole lot of food, but did take a moment or two to pose for some photos.

melissa and jenny

This new baby was not a threat to me, because she's not big enough to eat sausage yet.

new baby!

This baby was certainly no threat to me, because she's not even born yet. Silly fetus gets no sausage!

allison is preggers!

This baby was a threat to me, because she has all kinds of teeth and eats just about anything you put in front of her face. Luckily she's short and weak, so I could steal things from her hand pretty easily!

she loves "the tractor"

After Woman came back to the house and picked me up, I wasted no time getting some lady action. Hey Hillary!

tammy, hillary and norman

The dudes played some rootball and other games.

root ball

I sniffed some dog butts.

dogs galore

Hello the People! Thanks for finally coming and getting me.

ian and tammy

So, Sausagefest was a success. The keg of Pisgah Endless Summer was floated, there were lots of left overs, and everyone went home nice and full.

Everyone, including Gizmo.

gizmo wants some sausage

He was snagging sausage all night long! Go Gizzy!!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like sausage fest was a complete success! Yay you got some!! :)

    Maybe the canadian guy was pointing out that sausages in canada are bigger eh. lol

    Love the lady action photo!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Dan Coyle said…

    Hmmm, methinks Woman needs to work on her pug holding skills, she's getting sloppy. ;-)

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Silly peoples always leaving us at home for the good stuff! At least you got there eventually and got yourself some sausage!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Dutch the Pug said…

    Norman you little ham! I'm glad you made it to Sausage Fest, looks like you lived it up! I'm hungry for some tasty meaty treats now!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I'm sure having it at the park was much easier just because you didn't have to worry about too much mess at your own house :)
    It looks like fun!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Mmm...after reading this post...I need to eat some SAUSAGE!!! LOL!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i'm glad you got to attend at least some of sausagefest! here's a question tho': did the other dogs get to stay the WHOLE time?

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Gizmo WAS there the WHOLE time, but he's free-range, and Woman said she loves me too much to let me roam free like that. So, I guess I can understand.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Dog Kennel said…

    Sounds like it was a blast. Sorry I missed on the sausage. But I guess that meant all the more for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home