Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, May 09, 2008

Sophie Loves Woman

This is another post about my week in Mobile ...

Along with their cat Vasha, the Rubles have a yellow Lab named Sophie. Sophie is about the same age as me, and she is a big boned mama. Sophie LOVES Woman and is very resentful towards me because I am Woman's dog. Sometimes Sophie loves Woman a little too much and knocks her down on the ground! Despite the never ending competition between Sophie and me to be number one in Woman's eyes, we get along pretty well.

sophie napping

We did some napping together.

norman and sophie

And kept guard over the house together.

norman and sophie

But mostly she just licked on her foot. She has bad skin allergies.

norman and sophie

She tried to give me some snogging, but I wasn't having it.

norman and sophie

I have no interest in the snog. Unless, of course, it's with Woman.

norman

Woman really likes the Ruble's hardwood floors. She says they match my coloring really well.

norman

And here is a picture of me slobbering. Charming, eh?

norman slobber

When I wasn't playing with Elena, running from Vasha or napping with Sophie, I just laid around and moped, pining for Woman to come back to me.

norman pouts

I had a good time on my "vacation," but I hope we don't do it again for a really long time. Woman informed me recently that she and Ian will be going on their own vacation the week after next and that Sarah will be pugsitting me. I was confused, because Sarah is only two years old, and she tends to hit me with sticks. Woman explained to me that our other friend Sarah, Big Girl Sarah, will be pugsitting for me, not Baby Sarah. I was pretty relieved, but I'm also ticked that the People will be leaving me. Woe is me...

8 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh poor Norman. They will bring you presents don't worry!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Does the other Sarah know you refer to her as Big Girl Sarah? I think I wouldnt call her that in person.. She might hit you with sticks like baby Sarah.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Don't worry, Norman. Vacation is the chance to look really pitiful and get lots of extra treats from the sitters!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    Don't worry about the competition Norman; you are way cooler and cuter than Sophie.

    What is it with parents and vacations? I think we pugs should go away on our own vacations and leave our humans behind!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Norman I think you could have saved some energy and ridden on Sophie's back!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    Wow! My Mom wants hardwood floors too...but I think that hardwood floors are just a clever way of keeping pugs from being able to get much traction when walking.
    Hope that your people have fun on vacation...are they going to Disney?
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Norman, how could they ever leave you? I just don't get it. You could come up here and hang out with Lucky and me, that would be fun.

    Roxy

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    Poor Norman! Whatever will you do without woman for a week?

    And love the drool shot. *grin*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home