Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Friday, May 02, 2008

5-5-5 Meme

Do you remember when Arby's roast beef sandwiches were 5 for $5? Weren't those great days? Now they're like 5 for $5.95 or something. What a rip off. Woman, Ian and Chris used to get the 5 for $5 deal when they were in college. Woman and Ian would both get one sandwich, and Chris would get the other three and still be hungry. I think he had a tapeworm back then. Speaking of Mr. Chris, he is coming to my house this weekend. I don't really remember what he looks like since I haven't seen him in like a year, but I'll probably recognize his Arby's breath when he gets here! LOL!

So anyway, I was tagged by Nevis to do this Meme, but I'm gonna let Woman do it, because I'm in a bad mood since she hasn't fed me yet today. I could really go for some Arby's right now.

1. What were you doing 5 years ago today?

I was living in Mobile, doing the same job I do now. Our company had just built a big new office building on the campus of the University of South Alabama, and we were all settling into our awesome new offices. I might actually have been at the chiropractor that morning getting my back adjusted since the new office chairs absolutely killed my lower back. So glad I work from home now!

2. Name 5 snacks that you love:

* Mint chocolate chip ice cream
* Black Cherries
* Chips and Salsa (homemade from "fresh from the garden" tomatoes)
* Dove dark chocolate squares
* Peanut M&M's (these are a staple for a long drive)

3. What are 5 things on your ‘To-Do’ list for today/ Or things you’ve already done today:

* Run 2 miles (ok, RUN as much of it as I can, WALK the rest - LOL!)
* Spray down the roses with insecticide *again* - trying to kill the aphids
* Go to Herb Fest at the Farmer's Market
* Clean out the fridge
* Sweep and mop the floors

4. Name 5 things you would do if you won five million dollars:

* Buy a country farm
* Set up a charitable foundation of some type
* Give a percentage to family
* Open a coffee shop
* Give a percentage to charities

5. Name 5 bad habits you have:

* Leaving dirty clothes on the bathroom floor
* Not cleaning up after meals
* "Living" out of the dryer instead of folding clothes and putting them away
* Leaving dirty dishes in the office
* Picking my lips (yes, I'm really strange - I just love to pick at that dry skin)

6. Name 5 places you’ve lived:

I've only lived in three:

* Ohio
* Alabama
* North Carolina

7. Name 5 jobs you’ve had:

* McDonald's Drive-Thru
* Ponderosa Waitress
* Jewelry Store Salesperson
* Administrative Assistant (glorified secretary - LOL!)
* Software Engineer

12 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Magnolia Sun said…

    I love reading these. I didn't know you worked from home.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Nevis said…

    I love these memes. See you learn about people!

    I LOOOOVE Mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's my favorite. Back in college I used to devour the Ben & Jerry's Mint Oreo pint in one sitting. I know, I know. I don't want to think about those calories.

    AnD I pick the dry skin off my lips, too! It frequently makes my lip bleed. What is with us?

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    I would like to hear about your exercise routine since you mentioned running. I should have asked about it when you were taking questions! I would like to know what you do, how many you do (like miles), and how many days per week. Do you watch everything you eat? When you go out to eat, say Friday's, are you careful with what you order or do you just relax and have the fries?

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jemima Jones Beck said…

    My Mom picks at her lips as well. As does my Dad! I think that it must be a human thing!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh, I pick my lips, too. The husband says, "What's wrong with your lips?"

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    I can't believe how many people pick their lips. I honestly always though I was an absolute freak for doing this. I almost didn't mention it in my bad habits because I thought it was so weird. Wow. We're all either normal or just as weird as each other :)

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Tami - Regarding my workout schedule, I generally work out 3-5 days a week, but I have recently added in running on my off days. Mon, Wed, Thurs I go to the gym at lunch and do either elliptical or stairmaster for 35 minutes, then I do some ab work, push ups and maybe some machines depending on how tired I am. Tuesday night I do an hour long class at the gym called Body Pump. It is a high energy weight training class set to music. It's way fun. Sometime I do this class on Saturday mornings too. I am adding in the jogging (ie, jog/walking) because I want to become a Body Pump instructor, and I have to be able to run two miles (consecutively - LOL!). I hate running. I get AWFUL tendonitis in my ankles when I run that pretty much knocks me on my butt for a week, but I have to do it, so I'm forcing myself to do so. Gah. I really wish I could run, but I think I have a heavy hip structure that makes me pound the ground like a rhino. I would LOVE to run marathons - how cool would that be? But alas, I don't think my body was built for it :(

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Regarding my diet, I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch most days. I get up and eat a banana. Then around 10am I eat a bowl of optimum slim cereal (which contains a lot of bran) with 1% milk. I would use fat free milk but it makes Ian gag. I'm lucky to get him down to 1%. For lunch I usually have a yogurt and some walnuts. I might get a snack of grapes or another banana between lunch and dinner, and I admit that I usually eat a little chunk of dark chocolate somewhere in there too. Dark chocolate helps curb my sweet tooth cravings and isn't so bad for you. Ian cooks dinner, so I don't have a whole lot of say about that. I HATE to cook and I'm really bad at it. He likes to cook and he's great at it, so it works out well. We do eat out probably 4 meals a week. Wow. I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that. We have lunch out on Friday, lunch and dinner out on Saturday and lunch out on Sunday most weeks. I do try to stay away from fried foods when we eat out. All in all, I don't really watch what I eat on weekends. I don't eat a lot of sweets or things like that, but I generally eat what I want on weekends. I'm still working on my dietary habits. I don't want to "diet" because it's just asking for trouble. I want to make healthy dietary changes that will stay with me for the rest of my life. That takes time for sure.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    That sure was interesting. *Sigh* Woman sounds so healthy . . . in my household we exercise very little, and eat lots of snacks. Daddy is a vegetarian, so he ends up cooking most of the time. Mommy snacks often throughout the day(she says that Daddy's choice of eating habits does not fill her stomach!).

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    I'm guilty of living out of my dryer at times too!

    I hear you on the running. I get shin splints. That's great that you want to get certified for Body Pump!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Well, this has been very interesting and informative. Mom feels like she is not a runner either, but for black belt, she had to do it, so she did. She has a hamstring issue that is still healing, and running has been difficult lately. The jobs are neat, mom loves mint chocolate chip ice cream, but mom does not pick her lips. Oh well.

    Roxy

     
  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Hey NORMAAAAN! Missed you! This human of mine... oh well! I've read all the posts I've missed! you are so funny! yup yup yup!
    Huuuuuuuuugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home