Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Elena and Vasha

Here comes another post about our trip to Mobile two weeks ago ...

This is Elena and her cat Vasha. Woman calls Vasha "The Grey Raja," because she used to think Vasha's name was Raja for whatever reason. Besides, Woman likes to nickname things, so Vasha would have ended up renamed regardless. Vasha is a hypo-allergenic Himalayan cat of some sort. Elena has bad cat allergies, but this cat is sterile and doesn't make her sneeze.

elena posing

Vasha likes to play with her "bird on a stick." She did an awesome back flip in mid-air trying to get the bird once. It was pretty cool.

elena and vasha play

Vasha also likes to play hide and seek in the piano. Or maybe she's trying to tune it. You never know what cats are up to.

vasha in the piano

Although Vasha seems like a cool cat, she is really not. She likes to torment me from high places around the house and chase me like I'm some sort of mouse. She freaked me out on more than one occasion. I did eventually get the nerve up to chase her, but she ran to her woman person and pretended like I was being mean to her. Geesh. That is why there are no pictures of me with Vasha and there probably never will be.

Here is a picture of me one morning begging Woman not to leave me alone with Vasha. She left anyway though.

norman at the door

12 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, I never heard of a hypoallergitic cat....strange. My mother used to breed himalayan and persian cats too....P used to call them "smashed face cats"...funny, now we have "smashed face dogs"....

    I do love the picture of you looking out the door!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    Norman, Cats are sneaky like that for sure. ;)

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said…

    What a sneaky cat! I hope you are recovering from what sounds like an unfair experience! (pug versus cat? YIKeS!)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Aw, Norman....sorry about your cat experience. BTW, do they make hypoallergenic pugs? Or how 'bout ones that don't shed? *sigh*

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww poor Norman! Your woman was very mean for leaving you behind with Vasha like that! :)

    Although my cats probably think the same when I leave Gus at home too!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    Vasha is a beautiful cat. Maybe if you were alone with her more you could learn to sleep on the same bed.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hi Norman!!
    I am loving your posts about Mobile. I am sorry to hear about that cat not getting along with you - how could she not?!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    However to you put up with your woman?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Nevis said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Poor Norman, that cat obviously had it out for you!!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Frances Louise said…

    I concur with your Norman. I am not a cat fan . . . they play dirty!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Poor Norman. What an unpleasant cat. She obviously was intimidated by your manliness, your coolness and your irresistible face.

    Roxy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home