Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Popcorn Privileges

For whatever reason, one night several months ago, Woman decided she would give me some popcorn. I never get "people" food, but Woman felt popcorn could be the exception since the People eat it so rarely. I was a good boy about getting popcorn on occasion, and I ate my pieces with gentlemanly conduct, often biting each piece in half to savor the flavor and really make it last.

Fast forward a couple months. You see a maniac popcorn demanding devil dog. From the time I hear Ian start the microwave to when the last morsel of popcorn is swallowed, I am barking my head off, whining and being a general greedy Pete. That is when I lost my popcorn privileges.

Woman felt so bad for me when I lost my privileges and explained that I could not earn them back until I behaved again. It took several weeks of me watching Ian eat the popcorn quietly from Woman's lap before he would trust me with popcorn again. Last night, I finally got some tastes! Oh, it was so yummy and worth being good for. Ian even told me I was not "that bad" of a dog and "kind of behaved" when waiting for my popcorn. What joy to have my popcorn privileges back again. I better enjoy it now, because this good behaviour can't last long. I am a bad dog after all!

On another note, Woman wants to let you know that she has Giggs' mom's Pay it Forward gift finished, and she is currently working on lmizzle's. She is making them in the order that people signed up, so Roy and Gwen's mom - yours will be started soon. She thinks she might mail Giggs' mom's gift this week! Everyone is getting a different gift, so if you want to blog about it, you can.

On yet another note, Woman brought me home a gravy dipped rib from the store last night! Oh joy! It is so yummy.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Punchbugpug said…

    Norman, maybe you could help teach our group "popcorn manners"....it's WILD here during any snack. We may rename snack time - ATTACK OF THE HUNGRY PUGS!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    lmao!

    Oh Norman, I love your antics!

    My Pay it Forward gifts will be in the mail this week too! But everyone is getting the same thing.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman, you sure are a good boy and your Woman and Ian know how to discipline you...unlike what has always happened over here...our home has been wild and crazy for years because we did not discipline our children. Chichi and Tiny were terrible about barking for food...especially Chichi...now we eat dinner without the constant barking and antics of Chichi and Tiny and I miss it!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger AM said…

    Alfred and Holly love popcorn too! I shared a bag with Alfred Holly and Emma this weekend!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ferndoggle said…

    OMDoGness, I LOVE popcorn!! I go crazy nutso when I smell it's buttery goodness.

    Mom makes me work for every. single. little. piece. Stay, Lola...Leave It, Lola...Spin, Lola...

    Just give it to me all ready!!

    Lola

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Page said…

    mmmm, popcorn. Winston and Sela love it as well, but there isn't much they DON'T love. BTW, how was last week away from your mom?

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Dear Norman, Lucky and I LOVE popcorn. Lucky barks and barks until mom or the boy throws her a piece or two. I can sit more patiently waiting for my pieces, but if I am very lucky, I can snatch them out of the air before Lucky gets them.

    hee hee hee

    Roxy

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    rpm - I could come to your house and bark at you if you want. I'm a nice dog like that.

    Lola - That's just wrong. What is your Mom thinking? How rude!

    Page - Everything went fine while Woman was gone. Ian had to work late a lot, because he had 15 t-shirt designs he had to deliver in a week! It was crazy for him. I slept mostly.

    Roxy - You are one clever pug!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    This is so funny! I can just imagine Norman going off when he hears the popcorn popping just like Guido does when he hears me get the vacuum cleaner out! It’s amazing what sets them off, but I’m glad he earned his popcorn back!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Popcorn crazy pug! We have cereal crazy pugs here, everytime they hear the cereal hit the bowl they go NUTS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home