Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wet Pug!

We went camping this weekend at Windy Gap. Windy Gap is a Young Life camp located in Weaverville (12 miles from Asheville). A friend of the Peoples' works there, and since there were no campers this weekend, she invited a bunch of people up to go camping. We did not actually camp at the Windy Gap camp, but the Plunge Mountain camp, which is about 2 miles up the mountain from Windy Gap. Plunge Mountain is a "pioneer" campsite. There is a big cabin, but there is no indoor plumbing or running water. It's "rustic." I bet it is where they send the kids that are being bad at the Windy Gap camp - LOL!

So, here I am after a dip in the pond.

wet norman

No, I don't actually swim. I just stand in the water up to my shoulders and watch the other dogs swim. Woman tried to get me to swim, but I wasn't having it. She took me into the water a little deeper than I could touch to see how well I can swim. I can explain my swimming technique in one word - flailing. Yes, I flail about and panic. It isn't pretty.

Copper, Chloe and Buddy went camping too. They all LOVE to swim! Here I am watching Chloe swim.

norman watching chloe swim

I wish I could have joined in the fun, but I am just a bad swimmer. Woman says she is going to get me a life jacket, but I doubt I will like it. I foresee more flailing in my future.

copper buddy and homer

The People played on the slide ...

ian sliding at windy gap

... and a thing called "the blob" where one person stands at the end of a big air mattress thing and another person jumps onto the air mattress thing and launches the person on the end into the air! Andy hit the water face-first. It looked painful but made a hilarious photo.

andy on the blob

Here is a view of the pond. It's really pretty.

windy gap pond

They have a lot of horses at Windy Gap, but we did not get to ride them. I was bummed about that. Maybe if you have one of those children things you may want to send them to this camp next year. It looks as fun as anything I've ever seen!

I will post more about my camping trip later. I don't want to spoil all the fun in one long post!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    That slide looks awesome! I have never seen anything like "the blob" before. I'm surprised they don't worry about people getting hurt ... that's what I think of first - a neck injury - oh, and then I think about how much fun it looks!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Yes, Sarah reported that neck injuries are a problem. LOL!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Ooooohhh, the slide looks like Painful Wedgie Fun! I'm so jealous...oh, and Norman, that's as far as Winston goes in the water as well...not so sure about Sela, though.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger L said…

    That blob thing has surely resulted in many injuries, and that is why it is so awesome!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Your camping pictures are awesome. Glads you had a great time. We not to sure about the "pioneer" aspect. We loves the air conditioner to much.

    Pugsley, Buster, Cricket and Daisy Mae

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I understand completely about the flailing swimmer Norman, Napoleon does the same thing.

    That slide and blob thing look like SO much fun!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said…

    Wow...That looks like a great Place! You would not catch me going down that Slide face first Like Ian! The Airmatress is Crazy! My kids would LOVE that! We need one of thoose at the Lake!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Wow, that looked like so much fun. I think I would be afraid of the slide, but not afraid of the BLOB thing. The slide looks unstable and rough to me. I am a scaredy cat. :)

    I love that picture of Wet Norman!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a fun time, what a great site. Will be back to enjoy your adventures, Goodboy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home