Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm sure you've read enough about this topic, but ...

I must mock these two quotes I have read about the Michael Vick case, because they make me so mad, I just have to do it:

"From a personal standpoint, he's doing the right thing," Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank said. "That's been my counsel to him some while ago, and publicly as well, to get this behind him as quickly as he can."

Yes, let's get the dog-killing behind him so people can forget about it as soon as possible, and Vick can go on collecting his 100mil+ a year and fans can resume their worshipping of him. Could this quote be more insensitive?

Fans at Playmakers Barber Shop in Midtown said they still support Vick, because they feel he is innocent, and that he is a victim of a racist judicial system.

Well duh, prosecutors across the nation have been framing non-white citizens for running dog fighting operations for centuries! Everyone knows of this common tactic to dethrone superstar athletes and ruin their careers. Of course he's innocent! Never mind how his friends ratted him out. They're in on the scam too, I'm sure. It sickens me that these people feel Vick is the victim in all this. Yeah, let's forget about all those poor defenseless animals that he helped hurt. Vick is the one who has suffered, because they're not letting him play with his football!

OK, how dumb can people be? Seriously... How do these people dress themselves in the morning?

I have tried to stay away from this topic, because in general, I don't really think someone should lose their job because they have committed a crime. Our judicial system is in place to assign a punishment for a crime, and once a person fulfills the punishment, they should really be free of the crime, I guess ... But, this case make my blood boil! Not only do I think he should lose his job, but I would like to see him boiled alive in a pot and fed to hungry animals. Yes, that's wrong I know. Now you see why I have stayed away from the topic.

Lori over at pugsplace advises people to email NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and ask that Vick be suspended indefinitely from the NFL. I guess this is the first step in seeing him boiled alive in a big pot over an open flame with carrots and potatoes. Mmmm ... stewalicious ...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Page said…

    Although I refuse to hear the details of what he's done (it's just too painful to hear about anything innocent being tortured), I, too, would like to do to him (personally) what he has done to those animals. It's so sickening. Fortunately, Norman, your face cheers me up.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    We couldn't agree more Norman. Tell it like it is buddy!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    He has so much money...that if he was not guilty he would fight these charges. I suggest don't support the football team that lets him associate with them.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Although nothing would shock me, I cant imagine any NFL team accepting VIck later on because in AMerica, football players are roll models and how could they sleep at night knowing they are supporting an animal abuser/killer as a hero and role model?

    I dont see fans accepting Vick back into NFL.

    I saw Drew Carey say a few weeks ago that if Vick was allowed to play this season, he would never watch NFL (any team) again. Im sure more celebs would stand up too if Vick were allowed to play agian one day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home