Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Climbing Challenge

After we finished swimming in the pond, we hiked about 2 miles up a very steep mountain to get to our camp. Thankfully there were some streams along the way that Woman dunked me in to cool me off, and she and my new friend Amy took turns carrying me when I got tired. I can usually hike for miles with no problem, but after the day of swimming and chasing dogs, I was pooped out!

Here I am snarfing Amy at camp. You can see our cabin in the background. I turned Amy into an extreme Pug-lover!

amy and norman

After a drink of water and a nice rest, the People all decided to climb the super steep mountain slope beside camp. It is so steep that there is a rope to hold on to so you can pull yourself up. It's meant to be a team-building exercise of some sort.

Nate went up first, although Chloe beat him to the top, so she was the winner.

nate and buddy climbing

Woman, Amy and I were all sitting around the fire ring watching people and dogs climb up the mountain. I was hoping Woman wouldn't go up the mountain, because I knew I couldn't make it up, and I didn't want to be the only loser! I was sad when Woman and Amy started their way up the slope. Now everyone was up there except me. I jumped and jumped and tried and tried, but I couldn't make it over the steepest part of the climb.

Here is a blurry picture of me chickening out while Sarah and Buddy try to make their way up.

norman buddy and sarah

Eventually the People began to descend, but I was still intent on getting up that mountain!

view down the hill at plunge mountain

Andy came down first, followed by Copper and Chloe, then Nate, then Woman. When I saw Woman, I went crazy and ran up the mountain full speed! I zoomed right by her! Everyone was so proud of me and were cheering me on! I was the champion of the mountain! Woo-hoo!

norman made it up the hill

Woman almost broke her neck taking this picture of me, but she had to document my wonderful achievement.

Getting the dogs off the slope was a lot more difficult than getting us all up. We had to be air-lifted across the steepest part of the slope, because none of us had the nerve to jump! LOL!

I came, I climbed, I conquered. Now, give me one of those beers!

18 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Oscar said…

    Wow! You were champion of the mountain? I wish I could go hiking it looks like fun!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Come visit me some time Oscar. I'll take you all kinds of fun places!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i can totally see you as the first dog contestant on survivor! way to go climbing that mountain. you make me want to go camping.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger L said…

    Norman, you are not only street-wise, you are outdoorsy too! What's not to love?!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Page said…

    that's amazing, norman! and you don't even appear to be winded!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Awwww! I am SO PROUD of you Norman! This just goes to show you should never give up :)
    I am proud of The Woman too; I'm sure it wasn't easy.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman, did you know there is a beer for dogs? I forget the name put some ood people brew it cuz they felt bad for their pups. I am sure your woman can find it online. I love reading about your camping. I am now nagging, nagging my mom & pop to take me. We only live 1.5 hrs. from some place called "Lake Tahoe". I've overheard other dogs talking about it. OH yeah - how come I haven't seen any of your adorable pics on "pug-a-day.com"? Tell woman to get on the ball!! -Charlie The Spoiled

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    hey Norman,
    It looks like you had lots of fun. Tell your Mommy that my Mommy says that I wear a "large size" puppia. It is small enough to hold back a crazy pug at its smallest but gives me plenty of room to grow at my future largest. You look like about my size so large should do you good.

    The Grand Duke

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said…

    never realize that pug can also be such a sporting dog like u...

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Oh yeah pacco, I got tons of sporting in me.

    Thanks Winston! I look forward to my new gear.

    Charlie - I'll check out your site. Sounds fun! You definitely should go to the tahoe place.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Hey Norman!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. Loved your camping pics! Good job on being champion of the mountain!!
    Love Clover xo

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    Whoooo hoooooo! Go Norman! The power of the Mama's Boy reigns supreme!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Sir Isaac Newton IV said…

    Isn't climbing fun? I'm not sure about camping because Daddy can't talk Mommy into going. Maybe if she sees your pictures, she'll change her mind! :)

    Newton

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said…

    Way to go Norman!! Great job at mountain climbing.

    Pugsley, Buster, Cricket and Daisy

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman, OH MY! I can't believe my mom made errors in the note to you!! In her life before me (which doesn't count) she was a proofreader! But the truth is I was licking her hand while she typed. So... she is holding me responsible! Charlie

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Ronin_The_Pug said…

    Hi Norman!!! I've missed you! Oh boy you've been at mountain climbing! Cool!
    Hugs!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Hi Norman...Nice to meet you. We've seen you comments on other blogs and wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves. I'm a boston and my sister is a pug too!!

    We see you live in Ashville. We live in Michigan but my Mom absolutely loves Asheville!! They vacationed there a few years ago and Mom fell in love with it. She wants to live there someday. The mountains, the parkway, it's beautiful!!!

    We'll be back to visit again.
    Love, Seadra and Zoe

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said…

    Nice to meet you Seadra and Zoe! I'll add you to my blog list!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home