Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chopping Block

While we were camping, the menfolk started a great big fire over which to cook a giant leg of lamb. This leg of lamb thing cooked for over two hours and smelled so incredibly yummy that I almost wet my pants just thinking about it now. When the lamb was finally done, it was pretty late and had become very dark outside. I was not offered any lamb (big surprise), so I knew I would have to use the cover of darkness to get some on my own. I sniffed around, but the lamb was sitting up high on a counter. I could not reach the counter no matter how hard I jumped. Even my new mountain climbing skills were not enough to help me reach the yummy lamb. So, I had to resort to sneakiness, because you know people always underestimate my sneakiness.

Woman was out by the fire enjoying her lamb. She was too lazy to actually use a knife to cut it into bite-sized pieces, so she had a big hunk of it on a fork, and she was gnawing away at it. I snuck up beside her (it was really dark remember), and I totally stole the entire chunk from her fork as she was taking a bite! I took the whole thing! She was so mad at me. She chased me down and pried the lamb out of my mouth! She stole it back! And she ate it! Can you believe she ate something that had been in my mouth? That explains to you just how good this food was. I can't complain though, because I did snarf some of that lamb down while Woman was chasing me around to get it back, and she gave me a little piece of her second helping. Yeah, second helping! What a pig.

So anyway, the next morning I was put on the chopping block to pay for my crimes.

norman on a stump

You can see I wasn't showing any signs of remorse though! Yeah, I done it. And I'll do it again!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Oscar said…

    WAY TO GO, GOODBOY! I see you learned sneaky ways of a pug. I've done that to Mommy when she eats on the couch. She is learning not to wave food around in her hand as she talks because I will get it. However, my Mommy isn't as disgusting enough as to eat what comes out of my own mouth.

    At least you still got seconds!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Christine & Giggs said…

    OMG that's so funny! You should have dropped it in the dirt Norman, then she probably wouldn't have taken it back. Most dogs I know don't mind a little dirt but people generally do.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger AM said…

    You're too cute Norman! Good for you! Alfred once stole a Taco out of the wrapper on the coffee table, drug it behind the sofa, and ate everything but the lettuce and wrapper.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger L said…

    Winston lept in mid-air to catch a burger patty out of my hands that I was passing to Steve. They are pretty agile when they need to be.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Winston grabbed a roast beef sandwich a couple of weeks ago that I accidently put down...he took off running with an entire sandwich hanging out of his mouth...i must say, though, that i didn't continue to eat it!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said…

    Hey Norman, you keep reminding us why you are our hero! You scored some Lamb AND you wear pants! You are such a stud!

    ~Pug Hugs~
    Duke & Gidget

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Sometimes being bad IS worth it, right Norman? Especially when food is involved.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    We loved that story. Mom said it reminded her of the time that Zoe got up on the kitchen table when no one was looking and ate half a pizza.

    The chopping block, huh? That is a great picture!!

    Love, Seadra and Zoe

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    It's okay that she ate after you. My mom drinks water after I have taken what I want from her glass :)

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Run Norman Run!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    K - the woman actually took something OUT of your mouth and put it IN her own? She must be more confident about your dental hygiene habits than I am about my fur kids'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home