Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Salivary Gland's Connected to the ...

I actually have no clue what the salivary gland is connected to, but I thought it would be a good title for this post that is about ... my salivary glands.

The week before Thanksgiving, the Woman took me to a new Vet (the 4th one in 6 months) to get a second opinion about the size of my lymph nodes. They had been swollen for the past three months, and she wanted to see what another Vet thought about their size. The Vet also thought they felt a little swollen, so she took a needle aspiration of the lymph nodes (not fun for me) and sent the fluid to the lab for biopsy. You can imagine the Woman's anxiety in worrying that my cancer had spread to the lymph nodes. The Vet also mentioned the prospect of lymphoma which is an even worse kind of cancer. The Woman worried and cried all weekend long. Bad for Ian. Good for me, because I got *ALL* of the attention.

When the results came back, it turned out that the Vet had accidentally hit my salivary glands instead of my lymph nodes, so the Woman had to take me back to the Vet to try again. Well, she did. Again, the lab calls and tells the Vet she hit the salivary glands, and not the lymph node. Conclusion? Those aren't my lymph nodes that the Woman and two Vets are feeling - they are salivary glands. Kinda scary that it took 2 trips to the Vet and $200 to learn dog anatomy.

The Woman is still suspicious that the Vet is just not good with the needle, and it is my lymph nodes that are swollen, but she is willing to chill on the obsession for a little while. We'll see how long it lasts. She usually will say things like that, but then one day she just cracks up and we're rushing off to the Vet.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said…

    Your woman and I sound a lot alike - give her some extra snots & kisses!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Goodboy, you must be enjoying the attention The Woman is giving you with all the worrying she is doing. But that's what mama's do...worry. I hope you are okay, little buddy. Wish they could do all that with some kind of scanner instead of a needle.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norman, I know all of this must be hard on you and the woman. I hope everything turns out fine.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Since the woman worries alot it just means she loves you so much! I think all pug mommies understand exactly how she feels and would do the same thing. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home