Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Homebound

We have been stuck at home since Friday morning. There is no chance of getting either car out of the cul de sac since the snow is very deep and the city doesn't plow our roads. Apparently we're not cool enough to have our roads plowed. The People are going stir crazy. Send a helicopter. Please.

Ian figured out a way to get me to pee. There is a patch of ground all around the house that is without snow due to the overhang of the roof. Ian can drop me into that area and I do my business. Somehow I make my way to the other side of the house without getting in the snow. Ian hasn't figured that one out yet. It'll give him something to do while he's stuck inside.

On an upside, we are the only people with power on the cul de sac, and our friends Kris and Lyn and Clint and Lauren who live in the neighborhood also don't have power. We had everyone over last night for a little snow party. It was great fun! I got to play with some kids and have some egg nog. Good times.

I'm ready for the snow to melt now though. Woman said we can't get our Christmas cards or presents in the mail until we can get out of the house. The mailman won't even deliver our mail! Can you believe that? For shame mailman. For shame!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger The Devil Dog said…

    Sorry to hear about you are snowbound. But at least you have power, and, I assume, heat. It was nice of you to have a get together for everyone. I bet they appreciated it. Hope you get lots of treats for it.

    Roxy & Lucky

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Hey...I wish I could see that! I know your neighborhood is hilly so how could you go anywhere on that snow/ice? I hope you have some leftover cookies to eat while you all are waiting.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Page said…

    We wish we were there! Though I'd probably go a little stir crazy after awhile, it sounds like fun! And, hey, at least you don't have to drive to work!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger AM said…

    Oh No! What if the People run out of treats?

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Smushie Ranch said…

    Wow, that's kinda scary. What if you run out of food? Call in the troops!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home