Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A More Livable Living Room

The People have been doing a little redecorating lately, mostly involving making our house a little more livable for guests.

We have always had just one couch, and when other people come over or stay with us, that one couch can get cramped, so the people decided to get a second couch. The problem is that our living room (and house in general) is very small, so we can't fit a second full-size second couch in the room. Woman saw a small brown leather love seat in the grandinroad catalog that is not as deep as standard furniture, so she ordered it. She was really nervous about ordering on-line, but she is happy with it. It's pretty hard, but she says she's going to restuff the cushion. I doubt that will ever happen - LOL!

Here Hootie and I are on the new couch. You can tell by my face how uncomfortable it is. I also resent this couch, because it steals my sunshine. See all that sunshine on the couch? It used to hit the floor, and I would bask in it all day long, toasting my hide. Awe - the good ole days ...

norman hates the new couch

I prefer this couch. Much more cozy!

norman loves the red couch best

The People also decided to hang some curtains. They feel all grown-up having curtains. Woman isn't sold on the color, but they were the best she could find. She's going to keep her eyes open for less yellow-looking curtains in the future.

norman shows off the living room

They also bought some round end tables so people have somewhere to put their drinks when they visit!

norman does not like sitting on the new couch

Ian ordered a lamp for that dark corner of the room yesterday. It should be here soon, and I know you're going to want to see some pics. Isn't redecorating just so exciting? Note sarcasm.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Page said…

    Love it! Y'all must be planning another visit for us?!? LOL! Just a small piece of (unsolicited, I know) advice...be careful with leather and sunshine...it will crack and fade leather quickly...I speak from experience!!

    Norman, I miss your snuggies and butt scratches and hootie too!! Hey, do your people want to go to Disney World with us?? DW is running a special where you buy four nights in their hotel and four days of park tickets and get three nights and days free!! We're going at the end of Jan (sans baby)!! I couldn't help but think of your people since I know Woman loves Disney!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Norman...your living room looks GREAT! I suggest that when there is not company visiting that your Woman turn that new sofa around to face out the window so you can lay there and have sunshine and a nice view of what's going on out there!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger kristie said…

    norman, i think you should curl up on that new round table and take a nap - it looks full of sunshine!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Dan Coyle said…

    Norman, you know how to strike a pose on that leather couch. Better Homes and Pug Den magazine cover!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Harry Pugalicious said…

    I approves of the new sofa! Looks like the perfect size for you :-)

    Happy Turkey Day, Norman. I's left something on my bloggie for you.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha we are in the middle of deciding to repaint the walls since that peanut butter brown i thought i loved? I hate. Thank god our furniture is nuetral. Now we just need to come to an agreement. :p

    The couch, tables and curtains look great!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    It looks really nice! I love the red couch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home