Goodboy Norman Featherstone

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hot dogs cause cancer?

According to some Sue Gilbert lady from MSN Health and Fitness, hot dogs can cause cancer:
Nitrates

Many foods, especially cured meats such as bacon and hot dogs, use nitrates to preserve color and maintain microbial safety. Nitrate is harmless, but it can convert to nitrite, which can form nitrosamines, a powerful cancer-causing chemical, in your body. Whenever possible, look for nitrate-free preserved meats. When you do eat foods containing nitrates, have a glass of orange juice at the same time (for instance, orange juice with your morning bacon). Vitamin C is known to inhibit the conversion to nitrosamines in your stomach.

You can check out the full article if you're interested in her thoughts on unhealthy foods. I warn you though, she isn't going to agree with your dietary habits. She's probably got some kind of eating disorder and tries to justify her inability to eat by the "fact" that all food is bad for you. I don't know though - I'm just a dog. Don't flame me for that comment.

I recommend that you are better safe than sorry, and you should send all your hot dogs and cured meats to me for immediate disposal.

On another note, the People have not removed the Christmas tree from the living room. I feel sorry for it - standing there all naked and stripped of its pretty decorations, just waiting for the day to come that it is tossed into the trash. Poor bugger. If it had dropped me more presents, I might be fighting harder to keep it. As it is, however, my presents were kind of lame, so it's on its own! Let this be a warning to all future Christmas trees! Drop me more presents, or it's the axe for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home